Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Term 3 Inquiry.


For Inquiry this term we have been looking at how we can represent our own culture, represent our own life story. As part of this we each designed a 'mini totem', decorating it using patterns and shapes that represented, for us, our family and background. Some children used stripes or shapes to represent each family member-
'The 2 little rectangles are me and my brother, the big rectangles represent my mum and dad.' by C
Others used different colours-
'The orange stripes are my dad and the blue stripes are my mum, cause that's the colours they like.' by B
Some drew a pattern of love hearts-
'I did love hearts cause that's what families are about.' by N
One student did a pattern of squares and kiwis-
' cause we are kiwi hub.'
Another's creation was very colourful-
This shows the things I like in this world. These are the suns rays and these are my ABC's.'

It was amazing to see what each child came up with and how they represented the things that are important to them. Well done everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment